Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Airport security - it is merely theater

The embedded video raises some interesting points. This was forwarded to me by someone that I trust so I have not checked out the hosting site. But irrespective of the purpose of the site - after watching the video it raised many interesting questions. E.g., what is it that the FBI relies on for security at its buildings - dogs.

Now I realize that entry points at government buildings and airports are not necessarily similar - but I suspect that the people entering the building and airports are similar.  One might even argue that on a day-to-day basis government buildings like those of the FBI and IRS are higher target items for home grown terrorists.

As a long time German Shepard lover, I was surprised at the abilities of other dogs.

In the video the TSA head states that full body scanners are not security theater - but it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment