Sunday, November 11, 2012

Obama honors sacrifice made by nation's veterans

"President Barack Obama paid tribute at a Veterans Day ceremony at Arlington National Cemetery to "the heroes over the generations who have served this country of ours with distinction." [Obama honors sacrifice made by nation's veterans].

Obama: The "Tomb of the Unknowns was intended to remember every service member who has worn a uniform and served the nation." I was fortunate to have spent my four years of active service during a time of relative peace. It is clear that I received more out of my four years than my country received.

With my service training I was able to pursue a decent computer career. With the GI Bill I attended college. Now I receive medical care from the VA. I am proud of my service time, but I far more appreciate the service of  today's men and women who truly sacrifice much to serve their country. They have given far more than this country will give back.